Giving up and going mad now

They say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness but I don't think it is. it can't be. I talk to myself a bit (I need the expert advice....jokes) and I haven't found myself asking why a raven is like a writing desk, although if anyone has an answer  I'm all ears! I love Alice in wonderland, its comedy, its light/dark contrast, its pure escapism and its quotes that stick in your mind; "We're all mad here..." It's true, isn't it?

Everyone has their own madness, just not everyone shows it.


“Mad Hatter: “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”
“Have you guessed the riddle yet?” the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.
“No, I give it up,” Alice replied: “What’s the answer?”
“I haven’t the slightest idea,” said the Hatter”


 “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I'm mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.” 


"The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
[Alice checks Hatter's temperature]
Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.


M xx

Comments